Manual Handling Online E-learning Course
This training course is now available as an interactive Flash module!
If your staff are undertaking potentially hazardous manual handlingactivities, then it is a legal requirement under the Manual Handling Operations Regulations to ensure that effective training is provided. Try one of our Manual Handling Training Courses today.
More than 25% of the accidents reported each year to the HSE are associated with Manual Handling. First Health and Safety’s manual handling awareness training online courses will provide your staff with the knowledge to reduce the risks from manual handling activities and understand the basic technique for completing a safe lift.
There are two e-learning manual handling training courses available:
- Pre-loaded HTML based course
- Fully interactive ‘Flash’ based course. (content listed below).
The pre-loaded HTML course contains a series of video, audio text and image screens with a self test at the end. This online course also has the advantage that the content is editable. So, for example if you have a particular policy that you want to add in then you can.
The fully interactive ‘Flash’ course contains text, animation, video, audio and image screens and allows the user to interact directly with the content.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the costs associated with manual handling injury
- Understand the legal requirements and guidelines associated with manual handling
- Carry out a basic LITE & risk assessment before lifting a load
- Understand the principles of a safe lifting technique
- Outline measures that can be implemented to reduce the risk of injury
Who should complete this course?
The course is designed for employees with little or no knowledge of Manual handling so is ideal for induction and refresher training.
- Prior Learning? – None required
- Pre Course learning? – Learners may wish to read the Manual Handling Operations Regulations but this is not a requirement.
- Certification – All candidates who successfully complete the module will be issued with a certificate of learning.
- Duration - Approximately 30 minutes
Manual Handling training in the classroom
Not only are we able to offer this manual handling course module online, but we are also able to deliver this training at our own training centre in the West Midlands, or at your premises, where you will be instructed by our own health and safety consultant.